Call me weird or strange, but I really enjoy the time change from daylight savings time to Eastern Standard time.
Yes, the days are getting shorter. Yes, the nights seems so fleeting as it calls into twilight and then to blackness earlier and earlier. Especially up North, it could be cold, raining, sleeting, muddy, snowy and relatively nasty for long stretches of time.
No String Attached
However, look at it this way; if one thinks about time and all of the magical and special relationship in our day, then we have to realize that fortunately, this, and only this, we visualized one extra hour to do anything we desire.
That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, we can spend that hour anyway we want, no strings attached.
Heck, look at the chance we fancied either in business and pleasure to:
- clean up our messy desk, (finally,) so that is neat and organized once again
- catch up with an old friend either from long-ago or from yesterday
- begin a new hobby or brush up on something that we haven’t done for so many millennia
- take a new recipe that is scrumptious that we haven’t ever tried
- read our favorite book (maybe for the second time)
- sleep without regret
- and on and on
One Little More Nugget
Sort of a Mulligan, yet sort of not, this is our opportunity in this 25th hour to be free and loose by trying a new technique that so dramatic and productive; a revelation unfolding, don’t we think?
Ah, one little more nugget; could we all do this every day, when we have 24 hours all of the rest of the year, to spend just a little time, just a breath, to do a valuable commodity that is both breathtaking and worthwhile each day?
I bet we can.