Leadership talents take thoughtful planning. Careful calculations of risk and rewards.
Likewise, leadership acumens require the drive and forcefulness with a wavering devotion and a steady hand.
Leadership: Spurs and Neglect?
Unfortunately, some people are very jittery. Their not vastly unprepared to hoist themselves into another dimension and be a leader.
Instead, they coward up to the bar. They do not embrace the latitude in earnest but alternately lambaste the messenger with spurs and neglect.
For this reasons, comments like:
- “This is going to be a fiasco. Unequivocally a disaster in the highest accounts. Not only in the design, but the implementation and follow-through as well are abominable and each and every detail. Stinky, indeed…”
- “I am waffling on where we need to go next. As a matter of fact, I can’t even remember what the steps were in our last meeting. I am a little bit confused about our purpose overall. Maybe we should drop this idea completely…”
are harmful of the approach to our ambition of our mission.
How can we go beyond our leadership prowess and shine?
Gumption: Leadership Methods
Here are leadership methods to keep our mojo on all cylinders:
- Patience: in my post, “The Only Patience Resource You Will Ever Need in Business,” the naysayers on our particular plan are definitely annoying. However, if we demonstrate humility on their critics, we will perform the real prize with ease.
- Conviction: with a clear head and open mind of our goals, we can rise above the rubble quite smoothly to the pessimistic participants.
- Vision: like an anchor, rock-solid and resilient, our vision is always focused. Positive. Confident. Cynics are a nuisance, but if we are passionate than we will obtain greater clarity guaranteed.
By and large, whether entrepreneurial spirit or gumption, to exceed the sourpusses with generosity and farsightedness will always trump pessimists.
Leadership skills mold activities each and every time.