Insignificant. Unimportant. Irrelevant. Lightweight. Inconsequential.
That’s me when I am a dreadful bad day at work. (Ah, you too, huh?)
One Glorious Mess
Nothing is going right this day. Circumstances like:
- Gazillion prospect meetings have been postponed or canceled today which also mocks up the rest of the week as well. (Great.)
- We dealt a sale of a new product or service that your client wanted so badly decides to renege the next day because your competitor offers a trivial decrease in price.
- Your cohorts are upset because you made a comment that was accurate, but not popular.
And most of all, it’s happening before our eyes in one glorious mess that not only ruins the day’s activity, but may go further if we don’t have the reigns soon.
The question is: how are we going to fix these numerous problems and go back out with energy and purpose. We can be depressed and lackadaisical our approach, but that’s not us, is it?
Snap Our Doldrums
No siree! We are champions, and we don’t give up, don’t we? Instead, we realized that even though the playing cards is not very pretty right now, how can we salvage this to:
- Reenergized and refocus on our prospects to show value in our particular expertise and reschedule our meeting with enthusiasm
- Go back to your clients, even though we didn’t get the sale this time, and continue to build strong relationships for future endeavors with counteroffer to save the deal.
- Show our colleagues that we are honest with integrity that will shine long after our disagreement.
It is these qualities that will snap our doldrums in business and begin renewed with our excitement and tenacity – absolutely.
Remember, a hundred years ago, a famous painter said, “Everything starts from a dot.” Mmm.